Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Living the good life...

I'm really overwhelmed today by how lucky I am to have this life. I can not even express how at peace I feel raising my kids, in love with my husband and homeschooling our family. I know it is Corny and your not really supposed to say it, but I simply cant imagine my life being any different. I cherish the privilege of being able to stay home and be a mother to my family each and every day. I love that I can choose what we learn about and how. So many people say "oh you homeschool, I always thought about it, but I just could never do it" and I am realizing that I could never NOT do it. It would be unbelievably difficult for me to consider sending my kids to school. For me that is worse than the little extra effort of homeschooling them.

We have struggled and dealt with issues of health and finances in our almost eleven years of marriage, but we have always had the luxury of one another and the security that comes with that. We have always made decisions, including really difficult ones with our family as the center of the vision. I really feel like these simple days are the real heaven in life. Listening to them running all over the house, chatting under the covers to one another at night, laughing and screaming. Watching my husband grow from a young guy to a responsible man who is the leader and the strength that I always knew he would be. All of it is just glorious and, for me, it is perfection.

I am a very lucky woman, living the life I have always dreamed of. It is simple and common, but that is part of the beauty. I appreciate it and I am very grateful.

3 comments:

Sunshine Alternative Mama said...

I couldn't agree with your post more than I already do. It's amazing, really, to live this life...to have our children with us and to see them grow and learn and change...to stay with a relationship that takes you from youth to middle age, and eventually into your golden years...to know that everyday you make a difference...to realize that it is the little things that make the biggest impact. I may not be the rock that makes the big splash in my children's lives, but I have been dropping in tiny pebbles one by one.

Peace and love and laughter....

tracy said...

Wonderful post!

granolapunk said...

i completely agree as well and i'm so glad to have found a community of people that feel like this. i find so many people really lacking appreciation these days. kudos!