Saturday, December 02, 2006

A day to exhale...

Well, today I was so incredibly unproductive that I can only say that it must have been a much needed exhale. Im bummed that I didnt accomplish much (anything), but boy it sort of felt good. :-)

GM and I had to work this morning at the museum. It was a nice and quiet morning, several families came in and GM was able to show them and hold two of his favorite snake friends. That is a successful morning as far as he is concerned. I was thrilled that we were able to take in some math and knock out quite a few lessons to get "caught-up". Math is really the only subject that I really feel is important to not mess with or jump around in. It is also my weakest subject, so this may all be due to some sort of lack of confidence on my part. Who knows? Either way, GM loves it and flew through lesson after lesson and we got excited to dig back into our regular lessons as soon as we can.

My husband has been working on replacing the mantle in our living room and our wonderful contractor is finishing the closets in our kid's rooms. So clearly we arent in a settled state quite yet, but this is like having tiny little projects going on compared to the previous few months.

I am excited to get to finish painting the kid's rooms and getting them settled into their new space. That is HUGE!! I have been feeling so guilty about how they have been having to live in chaos for so many weeks on end, and believe me, you can see it in their behavior. Unfortunately I just dont know how to make it better without just digging in and getting it done. Were almost there... really....

ME is having her birthday party next weekend and she is all excited about that! Pink Poodles in Paris is her theme. She went poodle crazy a couple months ago after getting one as a gift. She has officially gone "girly" on me and is all about pink, sparkles and puppy dogs. It is so funny.

Anyhow, I thought I would update as we continue our journey back to normal. :-)

1 comment:

Sunshine Alternative Mama said...

Ahhh...that nice feeling of exhalation! I overdid it Sunday-Tuesday so we are lying low today, having a big out-breath.

In the end your house is going to be magnificent. Of course, I knew that as soon as I saw your kitchen counters!